- IATSE Local #336 is not a TEMP agency. We are a union (collective bargaining unit) that represents workers in the entertainment industry with several employers.
- IATSE Local #336 is not YOUR employer. We have several working agreements and contracts with different Employers. If you accept a referral for any of these companies, you will need to provide legal ID and fill out tax and union forms for each job.
- IATSE Local #336 will require a 5% representation fee. It will be deducted from each check and both members and non-members are charged.
- This is not a 9-5 Mon thru Fri job. When there is work available, we work; when there is not; we don’t. There is nothing full-time here.
- Notifications of work. We dispatch referrals through Call Steward with additional contact through our Dispatch Line. You are required to have an email address and a phone to receive referrals (please see Dispatch CS). Please respond ASAP as to whether you will be accepting the referral for work.
- Accepting calls. If you accept a referral for a job, we expect that you will show up for that job approximately 15 minutes early to check in with the Steward. If you do not show up for the first referral than you will be removed from our list.
- Availability. If you are NOT available for referrals, please call our referral phone number and leave a message with your name and when you will again be available.
- Probation. The first 5 calls that you accept from the local are probation in nature. We require acceptable clothing for the job, tools required (both covered in the work rules) a good attitude, ready to learn, ready to work. We will work with you if you are willing to work with us.
- Stand -By. Stand-By: Is not mandatory to accept but you will have a chance to work If someone else doesn’t show up for a call - there is no pay for standing by unless you actually get put on the call; you spend maybe 10-30 minutes of you day building good relationships with the Local with the possibility of getting on the call.